Monday, January 28, 2013

Hanging out with Google Glasses



On June 27, 2012 in San Francisco, Google co-founder Sergey Brin gave a presentation demonstrating one of their upcoming products, Google Glass.  The live demonstration featured the augmented reality glasses being worn by skydivers, jumping from an airplane and to bmx bike riders delivering a package at Google I/O, with the audience getting a first-person perception of the whole trip.

It's amazing to see how far and fast we have come with technology and with Google Glasses, augmented reality is another step closer to the future.   I was impressed with the picture quality of the glasses in the live demonstration, though its resolution isn't in full HD (1920x1080) it still looks quite impressive.  There may be other models of Google Glasses with specific technical specifications for different types of uses, just like how GoPro's current camera has 3 different models such as a White, Black and Silver Editions.  Im excited to see more models of these glasses in the future and it seems that the capabilities can be endless.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chris, yeah, that Google Glasses demo rocks pretty hard - well done embedding the video. If you had a pair of these glasses, what would you like to do with them? Or who would you like to screen share with when they were wearing them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dr. Joseph, you are right, that demo was PRETTY AWESOME right. I think if I had a pair of those google glasses, I would use them for work actually. When I'm editing a commercial or if I was working on some visual effects and needed my supervisor to approve or give me some critiques they would come in handy. I know that we could easily just screen share from 2 or more computers, but lets say that he is on the Big Island and doesn't have a computer near by, he could instantly see with the POV what I am looking at.

      Delete